Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Getting fit, Melbourne weather and white jeans

Good morning friends,

You may have gathered via instagram that i am on a serious health kick, I am aiming to shed some kilos before my Mexican adventure in August. I have emptied out my fridge and do weekly preparation which makes it easier to make healthy meals, this is what the inside of my fridge looks like these days. 
First week is always the easiest in terms of weight loss. I think it's the shock of eating healthy and training. I have been using myfitnesspal app, which I swear by, it's simple logic really, and enables you to track all the food and exercise and as long as you stay within your calories the theory is, that you should be able to lose weight. 


I have been doing a fair bit of strength training and yoga and I am feeling a lot better, more energy and less bloated. I really want to hit my goal but I know that once I plateau I start to feel disheartened, but I am focused in finishing this. I have been using my Instagram fitness family to keep me motivated with progress pictures, motivational quotes or recipes.


I have been wearing some pretty bright workout gear, so I can only imagine what the conservative gym patrons of Essendon think of me. 


I am usually in the gym with seniors as I tend to go in the afternoons. I have been loving the Coles Mix Workout range (yes you heard right), I purchased them last week as I love this pink colour, they match a pair of sneakers I bought in New York, so for $19 these 3/4 tights have been put to good use so far.


Melbourne weather has been very unpredictable, one day it's gorgeous the next day it's been freezing and hailing. Well that's Melbourne for you, seriously four seasons in one day. It has certainly made it more difficult for me to get around. Usually I don't mind the walk to the grocery store or gym but this weather  makes me rethink going outside opting for a cozy blanket in front of the fire place. 


We were lucky to have a nice day last week which led me to pull out my white jeans, I haven't put them away just yet! I have never been a fan of white anything, opting for black (the slimming option), however these days I am opting for more colour and riskier outfits! Seriously I am 30, but there are days that I dress like my 15 year old self.

I should note I was inspired by the photo below, I have no idea where it's from so can't give credit, I loved it and attempted to recreate given I have a nearly identical shirt.


Shirt: New Look UK -Limited | Jeans: Kmart | Shoes: Jo Mercer | Lipstick: Mac ririwoo| Nails: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NY | Hair: by @age_sch (find her on Instagram) and GHD used to create waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment