Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's a nice day for a white wedding

Congratulation to my friend Angie on her wedding yesterday to Kon. Angie looked gorgeous, and here are a few cheeky pics of us and of-course the bride.

I had planned to launch them yesterday on her wedding day as I was so excited and knew a few people would be keen to see what she wore but instead held tight until after the ceremony, but quickly launched them on Instagram for people that follow me, there aren't that many.

I managed to take a few pictures with my iphone in the morning, which I am sure the bride wont mind me sharing, she had a beautiful Peony arrangement and everything was picture perfect. Her old bedroom recently underwent a make over as she moved out, and it felt rather odd standing in a room with none of her old furniture or nick-nacks (like the pin boards full of earrings and jewellery or the 20 bags hanging behind her door). The new look bedroom was gorgeous, and I know who to call on to make over my spare bedroom which has been sitting rather empty for the last 4 years. Seriously Lamby I want to know where the dressing table is from.

The jewellery
Peonies and Roses
The headpiece that the bride made herself and check out her engagement ring
I nearly freaked that it was just lying there!!!!

The bride wore a gorgeous Pronovias gown with a few additional personal touches and modifications such as the lace sleeves, she also wore these gorgeous Badgdley Mischka bridal shoes, I dont even know why I didn't take a picture of them, (please send me a picture) because they were amazing and I would so wear them if we were the same size. To be honest I don't know how she lasted the hours she did, because those babies where high, I am guessing 12cm (Angie can you confirm?).

I am a huge fan of Pronovias and love just about any wedding dress they make, but I am and always be a lace girl, (it seems timeless and I am all about timeless pieces, note my boring wardrobe) and in fact wore the same lace design as Ms Angie, but I had a cheeky polka dot through mine.

I think the dress looked gorgeous on her and in fact the hair and make up also looked amazing. It was beautiful to see her so happy and smiling all through out the day.

Make up & hair time
finally dressed, that gown was tricky to put on! Doesn't it look great
The Bride, Ms Angie
Okay so here is what I wore for the wedding, always a last minute dilemma on what to wear, my husband seriously runs and hides, I plan it out from days before and do a mini fashion parade and even when he says he loves it I make minor tweaks and changes (its like I don't really value his opinion but I do, its just I want him to tell me what I want to hear).

I bought this dress from a local shopping centre store for $30, yep 3-0 ( i know I shouldn't be telling everyone, but every now and then I dress cheap (dress cheap, not look cheap!). Admittedly I have fallen in love with all things lace and whilst I await for for my DVF Zarita Dress to arrive (ready for the next wedding) this was my substitute/fill in dress. Hair done by the lovely Adriana, who received a few pics the night before and was probably grateful for something simple as it was Spring racing carnival.


And here comes the bride, I recognised that look on her face and reminded me of my day, bundle of nerves, excitement and sheer joy, look how proud her Dad looks.

Here comes the bride!
Here we are, strike a pose! CHEESE!


The wedding reception that  evening was at Peninsula, and was lots of fun! Including the Photo Booth guest book!
Best centrepieces I have seen ever, I want them!!! but I really have no use for them! 
The gorgeous 3 tier Double Barrel cake- Coconut and White ganache.
Is that right? I am guessing
Organic Rose Wine for bonbonierre
I forgot to mention I had an outfit change, not sure why but felt like it, then regretted it afterward
Fun Fun Fun in the photo booth. Who knew it could fit 5 people!
Here is the newlyweds
Hope you enjoyed reading

Babs

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding! Any idea where the bridesmaid dress was from? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dresses are from this amazing designer in the western suburbs called Lance Stefan, his website is www.mlekomade.com.au he also made my bridesmaids dresses and they were amazing!!! Let me know if you want more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for that! I will definitely check him out :):)
    You must do a wedding post of your wedding...Would love to see the details!!

    ReplyDelete