Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The things that filled me life this week

Over the long weekend (they are all long for me these days) my husband and in laws made our way for a brief getaway to Safety Beach,

We had a great time, despite the first day involving a lot of hard work on everyone behalf on setting up the house. There was lots of furniture assembling, cleaning and washing dishes.

We must have been lucky as the Melbourne weather gods shined on us and I was able to enjoy a run down to the beach/workout and also an afternoon BBQ and swim.

The time away was cut short as we had a wedding to attend on Monday for a old friend. He and his wife looked absolutely smashing and they seemed so happy and in love...I just love weddings. The ceremony was at this beautiful church on the cnr of Collins and Russell, and the reception followed at Cutler & co.
Ceremony
Cutler & Co in Fitzroy
John looking good in first bow tie


I managed to have a crack at DIY shellac, a little bit of a disaster, but I think its one of those things you have to practice, as the consistency of the gel colour is so different to normal nail polish and you need to run your hands under the lamp rather quickly to set.

You don't know Jaques OPI Shellac
I was also involved in a baking experiment with my cousin
as we tried to work out the best way to make rainbow cupcakes
it looks like the top one wins!
Time for a spring clean, which involved changing my cover to something bright,
so out came my Missoni for Target cover

No comments:

Post a Comment