Thursday, November 1, 2012

I loves me a blow dry & some clean eating

I love it when I get my hair done, I am always disappointed however when I have nowhere to show it off.

After the time away in Bali my hair was a little damaged and very bleached, thanks to a combinations of chlorine and sun. So a treatment was definitely over due. In preparation for the weddings I have next week I thought I needed to get it back to its usual healthy state.

So here is the 'do', nothing fancy, but its the way I roll.

Blow dry Mania
On another note its 8 weeks until Christmas, I am on a mission to shed 5kg. I have joined the gym ( I know, I vowed to myself I wouldn't) but I couldn't help myself! I got a great deal and they started Body Balance classes which I LOVE, so SOLD. So Windy Hill look out.

So far I have hit it every day, a little sore so on some days which I am usually in the pool doing laps. Every little bit helps. I have also committed to clean eating, which is about eating food as natural as possible, eliminated processed/ junk food & sugar. Its going well but I have been having really bad headaches, I think its the sugar withdrawals.

I have a secret, I took before pictures so I am hoping that once I hit the goal that I can actually post the after pics. I need all the encouragement I can get. Having PCOS (not an excuse) makes the last few kgs very hard to shift. I train like (a mother f*) very hard so I think I just need to watch the calories. 8 weeks Babs....you can do this!. Breathe in Breathe out, now run
Polar HRM being put to use
I ran for the first time in a year, I use to run a lot and did lots of fun runs, and for what ever reason I just stopped. I thought that I would struggle, but surprisingly did fine with interval running. Baby steps!

I also made some time to plant me "my own little herb garden" with two little side kicks Olly & Olivia my garden scarecrows. My 2 year old niece has already become very fond of them, she talks to them whilst patting and moving them around the barrel. I had enough of spending $4 every time I needed a little Basil or Parsley, so made the trip to Bunnings to buy the gear, you will be pleased to hear that I used "Australia Organic soil" So we have an organic garden.


I think I may have spoken a little to soon, as this morning my hubby found a parcel left on our doorstep on his way to work. The first question he asked was "when did you buy cosmetics?". I had to convince him it wasn't a recent purchase, and that I have been waiting for some time for this baby to arrive. It came packed in the largest box with lots of those foam worms. I cant wait to use this little baby for the weddings I have next week. Look out youtube, I will be requesting your services very shortly.



Enough of my randomness

x Babs

No comments:

Post a Comment