Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bali Baby Continues





Seafood mania all for $30 AUD
The Bali Love affair continues, we made our way to Jimbaran Bay to Lia's Cafe
, watch out for the taxi drivers who get a commission from referring tourists to their restaurant, they try and get you to go to other places, fat chance buddy, we're sticking with this place, trip adviser had some really good reviews and we wanted to try the seafood overlooking anger beautiful sunset. The food was great and the views were to die for.

Potato Head
Potato Head – was one of my favorite places to visit I loved this place, food was great and I was craving some hard-core carbs, so it was lasagna for me. Amazing views of the beach overlooking the infinity pool made for a relaxing afternoonOn our last evening we visited Ku De Ta for dinner I ordered the potato gnocchi with wild mushroom and a hard-core vodka cocktail.




Whilst we were staying at the W, we managed to convince the concierge to show us a few other suites (for our next visit).We got showed a private villa and the WOW suite, which we will definitely book one of the two on our next visit. I am already planning my 30th Birthday party next year. A girl can dream!




Bali Kaftan & Necklace

We did a little shopping in Seminyak but nothing too crazy, I was adamant that I didn't want to bring stuff that I wouldn't use or end up throwing. I want to support the local economy and love seeing my husband’s skills for bargaining, but I did see my fair share of it when booking in taxi services. I found this great store which designs in Australia and locally makes dresses and bought 2 royal blue dresses. I also stocked up on a few summer kaftans and some Bali necklaces, as lately I have been obsessed with necklaces. 

We kept running in to footy players down at the pool, my husband would point them out, which was great for a perve, but they were never close enough to take photos together, some guy from Collingwood and Gary Ablett was there also with a new flame, so it appeared.



The day before our departure 

I found a great spa in Seminyak, which would leave Bodyworks for dead, to be honest I cancelled all my treatments at Bodyworks in favor for AMO Spa which was literally across the road from the hotel we were staying at. 
AMO prices were comparable to Bodyworks and had a much more better atmosphere, i found that if you went in the morning you didn't need an appointment, by the afternoon forget about just walking in. I had a manicure and pedicure $25 AUD. On the last day we were leaving I squeezed in a Oxygen facial, apparently celebrities have these every week so whilst I was living it up in Bali I thought I would treat myself to one and at only $25 which is unheard on in Australia, why not? I was not prepared for what I got let me tell you. It started off really nice, cleaner toner, face massage, great, and then came out the extractor. Having a sister who was a beauty therapist I know more than I should about all the equipment, it's one scary devise and she would always tell me don't use it will scar your skin. The beautician went to town, I think she removed blackheads that I have had since year 8. It was painful but the end result was great. Thinking my pain was over, she pulled out this brush which removed all my dead skin. By the end of the treatment I was convinced that my face was going to be red raw. Then came the dreaded steamer, right up my nose, mind you I only have one good nostril so I had to open my mouth to get some oxygen. I know it's oxygen facial but I didn't think that meant you we're deprived of breathing, I ended up coughing as the steam chocked me. To finish it off she placed this weird clear mask, which pumped oxygen to my face for a few minutes. The lady massaged me and then moisturiser my face and was out of there feeling a million bucks, my skin felt great but not sure I would do it again.


Manicure from AMO Spa






After a week of Bali I was totally relaxed and who wouldn't be? Till next time...Adios


KB

No comments:

Post a Comment