Thursday, October 4, 2012

Latest Obsessions

It seems like its been a while since I last bloged, so before I head to sunny Bali and bombard you with all the wonderful things we do on our trip I thought I would share a few latest obsessions, no seriously, obsessions is a understatement.

I was only just saying today that once I find something that I want I almost get obsessive in locating it, at a discount/sale price. My latest craze this week has been, TOMS shoes, Metalicus Dress and the Naked Palatte by Urban Decay.

So lets break it down on the things I have been up to and the latest obsessions

TOMS, I have heard a lot about these shows for a couple of years and admittedly it isn't something I would have stumbled on without my cousin and his wife sharing. The concept is that for every pair sold the owners will also give a child in need a pair. I was surprised how comfortable they are and for around $70 I think its a great away at giving something back without actually giving.


I recently saw an interview on Ellen with the founder of TOMS and felt compelled to make a contribution and these were my first purchase. They are super comfortable and perfect casual shoes for Bali (no sneakers for me)




I was in the city on Tuesday and did a stop by at Metalicus, I use to own a fair bit of there stuff a few years back, these days that I am not working I cant afford a lot of there stuff but managed to get me a great tee dress on sales from $150 to $50. Don't get me wrong I am no size zero and I wasn't wearing any shape-wear and this dress looked great on me. I think I will be wearing my "girls best friend" with this dress (also from Metalicus)

I wanted to clean out my dressing room and also wanted to stock up on a few different eye shadows, I have always been a MAC fan but heard such great things on the Naked Palette so decided to give it a try and make a purchase via Beauty Bay, free shipping was a plus and it cost be around $56



Anyways, I am sure my next post will be about beautiful Bali! I have so much study to cram in before I leave and husband keeps nagging me to pack and clean the house. The social calendar is getting OTT, tomorrow morning I have a book launch breakfast in the morning so should be fun.

KB

No comments:

Post a Comment