Sunday, October 14, 2012

Bali Baby!


It seems likeforever since my last post and whilst I have been secretly tapping away on theiPad whilst laying poolside, I wanted to ensure that I could load up a fewpictures of our time away.


I will be the first to admit I had never any intentions to visit Bali, dont get me wrong I know its a beautiful place but I had many other destinations on my "bucket list" before Bali. With hubby only able to take a week off work it seemed that either Brisvegas, Bali or Thailand was on the cards.

So Bali....Look out the Babas are in town

As most of you mayhave gathered we decided to go to Bali for a week to celebrate hubbies30th Birthday. We wanted to escape all the drama and lie poolside for a weekworking on our tans.

Since we managed to do aquite a few things (not really pool and food), I will try and split this over a couple of posts. To behonest we only ever left the hotel pool to get massages or go to dinner so mostpost will be around food.

front entrance of the W
We arrived at the W after our driver picked us up at theairport, and I was more than impressed with the accommodation, by far the besthotel, I had ever stepped foot in and the rooms didn't disappoint. There wasclub music playing over the speaker, which instantly made me want to getchanged into my dancing shoes and head down to the pool where the DJ wasgetting ready for the silent dance party. Shame I was sporting a massivemigraine to the point I had to visit the "ouch" centre to get somePanadol from the doctor. The doctor was grilling me on my symptoms and I wastrying not to barf all over the place, the plane really set me off.
The service at the W Hotel was fantastic and all the workersfussed over us, which at times made me feel guilty which led us to spendinglots on tipping our great hotel staff. We weren't allowed to touch anything;they would prepare our beach chairs and move our umbrellas when the sun moved.

The next afternoon we journeyed to Bodyworks which definitelywas a Bali experience, it felt like visiting the Asian nail salons inMelbourne, women everywhere, and it was cheap, $11 for a pedicure is a bargain,and she did a great job, it wasn't air conditioned and I was pushed into anawkward corner on the room. Check out the pictures and tell me what you think,I also booked to do a couples massage for JBs Bday.







La Lucciola



Our fist evening we made our way to La Lucciola, which a fewpeople had recommended and enjoyed a ragu pasta and a granita cocktail overlooking a sunset





HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY BABA


Afternoon Cake
JBs 30th Dinner Cake
Breakfast Cake



My husband enjoyed 3 cakes one for every decade. One forbreakfast, which embarrassed the heck out of him, our lovely waitress Sari (whowas the cutest, she kept wanting us to eat everything from the menu) organised the cake. JB wasn't impressed with the entire staff singing, it was hystericalfor me to wath him suffer, too bad buddy! Then after heading back to our roomafter our pool visit in the afternoon the Hotel had organised a surprise in theroom. We had booked dinner at Starfish Bloo the hotel restaurant to ensurethat the cake I ordered for my husbands 30th would arrive safely and it did. Thenfinally he received my birthday cake, which was provided by Ixora cakes in Bali,and was a replica watch cake, which is on order for his birthday, in the meantimehe gets the cake version.

The hotel gave JB a wishing card, wonder what he wished for? He wouldnt show me, but I think I could guess.







No comments:

Post a Comment