Thursday, July 19, 2012

Burgundy (a.ka the new black) for fall 2012

I am huge fan of Nina Garcia, ever sinced she graced the screen on Project runway years ago, this 47 year fashion director for some the greatest fashion magazines is a huge fashion icon, she always looks effortless ans is absolutely rocking it for her age.

I have purchased a few of her fashion advice books, not that they have helped me a great deal, however I still consider her fashion tips invaluable. So when Ms Garcia says that burgundy is the new it colour, I listen and take note. I spotted the trend whilst following her pinterest page, granted I havn't been pinning for at least 6 months, however these days I have a few more minutes up my sleeve and was affoded some pinning minutes. It looks like all the huge designers are sending burgundy designs down the runway for fall.

By a freak of nature prior to spotted the trend I wore a burgundy scarfe for my last day of work. You be the judge of the colour trend. Dig through the wardrobe and revive the rich wine colour, if your feeling a little sheepish try accessories, but I am thinking a hot pair of skinny burgundy pants or a LBD (little burgundy dress) would be amazeballs, and perfect for the Melbourne freeze, 5 degrees the entire week is not pleasant.

Adios KB

No comments:

Post a Comment