Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday Night: Meatballs with Tomato Risoni


I am on mission to start using the items in my pantry and kitchen to before they expire or wilt, not only because I am now unemployed and need to be more thrifty but because its simply a waste. Before I could blame it on a busy schedule but now that I am a lady of luxury I have plenty of time to plan out meals, with that in mind, I decided that I would cook a favourite; meatballs.

This is a adaption of a recipe that I found on the back of a packet of stock but also discovered the recipe online. Enjoy!

Needless to say both my husband and Dad were absolutely thrilled with the meal. also makes for a great meal the next day. One word of advice risoni always tastes best warm so you may need to zap it.

TOMATO RISONI MEATBALLS

PREPARATION TIME
20 mins
COOKING TIME
25 mins
SERVING SIZE
4 people

INGREDIENTS
500ml Litre  Stock - Beef
500g beef mince

2 clove garlic, crushed

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 cup dried breadcrumbs
1 tbsp oil

4 tbsp no added salt tomato paste

1/2 tsp rosemary dried or fresh

1 1/2 cups risoni pasta

2 ripe tomatoes, diced

chopped parsley

Shaved parmesan, to serve

DIRECTIONS

Combine 1/2 cup stock with mince, garlic, egg, parsley & breadcrumbs. Roll into balls.

Heat oil in a large frypan. Add meatballs & cook until browned all over. Pour over remaining stock, tomato paste & rosemary. Bring to the boil, reduce heat & cook, covered, for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.

Stir in risoni & tomatoes. Cook for 8 mins, uncovered, stirring occasionally, or until pasta is al dente. Garnish with parsley & parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment